So 2015 was a pretty awesome year with the arrival of Baby Girl #2, taking over as the Oceanside Moms RUN This Town Chapter Leader, and running four half marathons (three during my pregnancy). The only downside was how physically limited I was for the majority of the year because I was pregnant. I can’t wait to MOVE in 2016!
I decided that this year I would push myself in ways I have never done before. Physically with a real training plan, socially by saying “yes” to adventure and friendship, and mentally by saying “no” to unnecessary commitment and worry.
In order to design a comprehensive training plan I decided to start by writing out my 2016 running goals. Here they are!
- Train consistently. Do not skip workouts.
- Train for a half marathon using speed and hill drills with the goal of obtaining a new PR.
- Travel to a race (far enough away that a night’s stay is required).
- Run a marathon – eek!
- Cross train with swimming, biking, stand-up paddle boarding, etc.
- Volunteer for at least one race.
- Cheer on fellow runners at a race as a spectator.
- Continue to grow the size and participation levels of the Oceanside MRTT Chapter.
- Keep running gear organized.
- Complete running costumes at least one week before races.
I can’t wait to get started on it all. What are some of your running goals for 2016? I look forward to connecting with and meeting as many runners as possible, a major part of my “social” goals!